You'll love our cursive writing worksheets. Cursive writing is such a beautiful art! Not only is it beautiful, these Catholic worksheets help you teach the Catholic Faith. You'll find that cursive can also help with reading.
How? Well, I have seen children who simply could not get the idea of words and their separations in sentences until the moment they started writing words in cursive hand. They saw the letters that linked together to form words and they saw the spaces better when they were writing in cursive.
Many schools today do not teach cursive - that's why it is highly sought by parents - on the Internet. The numbers showed that there was a need, so we have writing worksheets in both manuscript and cursive.
Print these sample worksheets below.
You can print these worksheets in several sizes depending on the grade level of your students. Small children sometimes do well with larger fonts, yet older students love the small small font. Small, medium, large. Your choice.
1. Full Sized Worksheets: Simply print full sized and double sided if you'd like to save paper. This is great for first, second, and third grade catechism work. Awesome preparation for a Catholic Confirmation quiz.
2. Booklet: Your older children will love this as handwriting practice if you print the download as a booklet. Great for third through eighth grade penmanship. Use thin paper because 23 pieces of paper is hard to fold and staple. You can also sew or zip-tie these together.
Multiples: Print two-up for middle school handwriting practice size. See below.
3. Small Font Worksheets: You can also get your printer to print this download two-up so that the questions will be in consecutive order (ask me why I do that - it's so confusing to the children if the questions are in scrambled order on individual booklet sheets). You can chose Multiple, 2 by 1, horizontal, and landscape orientation for a middle school font.
4. Elegant High School Handwriting Worksheets: For even smaller print you can print these Multiple, 2 by 2, horizontal, and portrait orientation. This looks super elegant! Part of the secret of beautiful writing is control of the pen and a small size. 'Perfect for high school handwriting practice and saves ink and paper.
Both cursive writing and manuscript print.
5. Typing Practice: You can also copy the text file to your students' computer files so they can practice typing.
What better than the Baltimore Catechism for learning to use the keyboard?
Catholic cursive writing worksheets? It is a proven fact that the more ways a student sees, hears and writes his studies, the better he learns them.
If your students must practice handwriting, why not practice on Catholic material? Which better than the answers to the Baltimore Catechism? Our St. Anne's Helper First Communion and Confirmation copybooks are each done in manuscript and cursive.
Anyone can use these to improve his handwriting and his knowledge of the Catholic Faith. Our older children as well as our younger children appreciate these.
These sentences are verbatim from the Baltimore Catechism. No more wondering, "What are they teaching my children?" You can see the texts that our audios and worksheets use for
One of the basics to learning fancy writing or cursive writing is to acquire the habit of using the top line, mid-point, and base line. Sometimes it can take quite a lot of practice. Now you can print at will.
Once your student knows the catechism answers, the handwriting practice is easy and can even help form good spelling and reading skills.
Cursive handwriting projects are more fun when you make an artful project. Your children will spiritual graces as they learn artful handwriting with this project. Have them use their best handwriting. It's like a spiritual bouquet:
First through third grade - Print our cursive worksheets as they are for a larger print or cursive font size.
Fourth through eighth grade - Print them two-up to have a smaller size that makes for beautiful handwriting.
High school - Print these four-up to have a professional size writing paper.
If you know other Catholics who want their children to have cursive writing worksheets, we appreciate your sharing this page with them.
Order and see more about them here:
Thank you for visiting and for sharing!
At PrintNPractice.com, our sister site, you will find thousands of homeschool cursive writing worksheets.
They teach phonics, spelling, and grammar at the same time as your children practice their handwriting. All the content is derived from old Catholic text books like the Living My Religion series, the DeLaSalle Readers, Harvey's Grammar, or classic nursery rhymes.
Especially if you buy the downloads, most of the writing worksheets are in both manuscript print or cursive writing.
As with our cursive worksheets, those at PrintNPractice are all interactive. This means that your children can finish them by typing on copies of the worksheets in their own files, or you can print them for them to write their answers.
You'll also find thousands of interactive printable worksheets for K-6.