The 15 Promises Of The Rosary
The Promises of the Rosary: Praying with a statue of Mary and rosary booklets can help you and your children pray well.
The 15 Promises of the Rosary were published by TAN, with an Imprimatur by Patrick J. Hayes, Archbishop of New York on little blue cards. I'm glad my mother kept one, the promises are so consoling.
My parents said the Rosary nearly every day of their married lives. In spite of giant hurdles in life they each died a peaceful death with all of their local children praying the Rosary at their death beds.
Both had lived the evidence of many of the other of these promises by the end of their lives and had then received the sacraments of the Church (Promise number seven) before they passed to eternity.
These Promises were given by the Blessed Virgin Mary herself. The Rosary is one of the most highly indulgenced devotions of the Catholic Church!
It comes second only behind the Mass and the Office in importance and it takes its place way ahead of the Stations of the Cross.
The Fifteen Promises Of The Rosary
- 1. Whoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the rosary, shall receive signal graces.
- 2. I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the rosary.
- 3. The rosary will be a powerful armor against hell. It will destroy vice, decrease sin and defeat heresies.
- 4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- 5. Those who recommend themselves to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.
- 6. Whoever shall recite the rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just, he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
- 7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the rosary shall not die without the sacraments of the Church.
- 8. Those who are faithful to recite the rosary shall have during their life and at their death, the light of God and the plentitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
- 9. I shall deliver from purgatory those who have been devoted to the rosary.
- 10. The faithful children of the rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in heaven.
- 11. You shall obtain all you ask of me by the recitation of the rosary.
- 12. All those who propagate the holy rosary shall be aided by me in their necessities.
- 13. I have obtained from my Divine Son that all the advocates of the rosary shall have for intercessors the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
- 14. All who recite the rosary are my sons, and brothers of my only son, Jesus Christ.
- 15. Devotion to my rosary is a great sign of predestination.
-- Promises of the Rosary, Blue Card published by TAN Books, Imprimatur: Patrick J. Hayes, D.D.; Archbishop of New York, USA.
St. Anne's Helper's Rosary videos of the 15 Mysteries of the Rosary help you meditate on the individual Mysteries of the Rosary as Our Lady asked at Fatima. Use the Catholic Rosary Video with your daily Rosary whether you use it in your living room with the family or set it up on a phone or other mobile device for someone in the hospital.
Remember that when you promote the Rosary or teach it to others you will receive the benefits mentioned in the Promises of the Rosary.
The images in the video have the words to the prayers and a moving image of which bead to use. The beads turn from blue to magenta to indicate the right prayer, the text of the prayer shows the prayer that is being said, finished beads change to a golden color in honor of the Queen of Heaven, and there is no added music. The images of Jesus and Mary help you meditate on the Mysteries of the Rosary.
Praying With Others And Rosary Booklets
It's very helpful when we can pray with others. I know that when our family prays the Rosary with Daddy leading, or one of the children for practice, it's easier for me to pray the Rosary well.
Of course, when the babies are busy there are distractions; but that is when the Promises of the Rosary seem so helpful and so hopeful. If we can continue saying the Rosary in spite of the distractions of daily life, there's got to be giant merit! :-)
When you use a Rosary booklet, it is easier to meditate on the Mysteries of the Rosary as Our Lady of Fatima asked us to do on the First Saturday of five consecutive first Saturdays.
You can watch these Rosary videos and display them on your computer or a big screen for your daily Rosary. My husband uses them on his way home from work on his phone. You can also use a tablet for easy viewing.
More Rosary Resources
More Rosary pages:
Use printables in your Roman Catholic catechism class, Faith formation, or Sunday school lesson. ~Mary Fifer
You can renew your intentions with a booklet that has the Promises of the Rosary.